Saturday, February 8, 2014

Love Is NOT In The Air...

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and it is a big cheesy reminder that I am still single.  Worst holiday ever!
 
I have been thinking a lot lately... mostly about how tired I am of being single, but how hopeless I am at changing that.   Why am I hopeless?  Because I am beyond scared.  A legitimate, down right,  can't move kind of fear.

So I wrote a poem...




Yes, I am scared.
Petrified actually.
Yet, it's still hard not to want such things.
Especially when everyone around you has it.
They say stop looking.
Stop wanting it, but really?
How do you stop wanting it?
How do you stop looking?
I never thought I would be here.
Scared and lonely.
I just want someone to love me.
Someone to hold me for no reason.
Someone to sit with in complete silence,
And it not be awkward at all.
I don't think I am a needy person.
I don't need to be showered with flowers
Or grand gestures of love.
Just someone to accept my flaws...
And still want me anyway.
The problem is
You have to put yourself out there.
My fear is to great to do so.

No comments: