Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Little Neon Never Hurt...








I am so excited, I finally found someone to take my picture for an outfit of the day post!! :) I'm a nerd I know....
Photo Credit: Z.Depina
 
 
Dress: Forever 21 Shoes: Wet Seal Belt: Wet Seal Bracelet: Rock & Republic (old)
Ring: Target (old) Sunglasses: 80's Purple  Necklace:  Forever 21 (older similar here)
Hair Bow: Old (similar here) Lipstick: COVERGIRL LipPer fection Lipcolor in Embrace
 
 
I've always loved neon as an "add on" piece.  A little bit here and there makes all the difference in the world.  So when I wanted to wear my new black maxi I knew exactly how to make it pop!
I am absolutely in love with this dress.  I really didn't like it much when I saw it on the website, but when I went into the store and decided to try it on for kicks I fell in love.  I wanted just a simple maxi dress for whatever, but the lace paneling that initially had me thinking "ugggghhhh" was a nice detail to give it a little something special.  I bought this necklace a while back to go with another outfit that I didn't end up using it for.  I didn't want to overshadow my pops of neon yellow, so I dug it out of my jewelry. To my surprise when I was linking the dress to my blog, my necklace is also what they paired with it.  Great minds think alike!!  Purple is one of my favorite colors, so one of my first ventures into lipstick was this Covergril lipstick.  I think it's a great color stays on really well.  My only "dislike" is that everyone thinks it's red.  It's purple people, it's purple!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love neon!

Unknown said...

Super cute! Look at you Miss model!