Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Smell Of The Ocean Never Gets Old...

"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea."
                                                                               -Isak Dinesen 
 
 
After four long nights of covering night audit shifts, I was looking forward to two days of unwinding (one of which with my cousin Kiyumi that I haven't had a chance to see let alone talk to in forever) and doing nothing.  Then my friend Nikki suggested a beach day and I jumped at the chance for all of us to go and just let go.  So today I packed up my car with my cousin and some of my girls (they guilt tripped me into taking them) and headed to one of my favorite places.

Salmon Creek Beach --- Bodega Bay, CA

I have been going to Bodega Bay all my life, but I have never been to Salmon Creek.  It's always so busy and it makes parking a nightmare. I usually travel up the coast a little ways to beaches less traveled, or places with hidden gems.  I like having the beach to myself or rather ourselves since I have never been there alone.  I was pleasantly surprised by it today though.  It still had a lot  people around, but I think I needed today so much I just didn't care.
 
This little cutie was sitting right next to us having the time of her life
 
 
The weather was perfect today... not too hot, sun shinning, no overcast or fog, and very light wind.  I needed to escape the ridiculous heat wave Napa has been having, and Bodega Bay delivered. It was exactly what I needed. 
 

 
 
The smell of the ocean never gets old.  I love the smell, the sea breeze in my hair (not so much the humidity), the sun rays against my skin, and the sand between my toes.  I have never been so content doing nothing.  I am such a California girl.  I could never live too far from the ocean.  When I go I feel so complete and when I am not there, I always feel apart of me is missing.
 

 
 
 
 
I can't wait until my next beach trip...
 
 
Dress: Target  Hat: Wet Seal  Sunglasses: 80's Purple  Swimsuit: Swimsuits For All (old, similar here)
 
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are just too cute! I'm glad you had such a nice and relaxing day at the beach, you deserved it!

Anonymous said...

Nice love that outfit!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was in California! <3